The phenomenon of foreign cuisines relocating can be traced along the paths of migration — when the Portuguese came to Massachusetts to work on whale ships, they brought along their recipe for fish stew, and when the British Empire welcomed the people of India from the British colonies, curry houses sprouted up along the streets of London. What once was simply the food of an outsider community, however, is now an inseparable part of the cultural identity of these places.
So what does all this mean for the hungry traveler? For one, it expands the culinary possibilities in cities large and small. Excellent, authentic international cuisine can be found not only in major metropolises, but also in places where tourists less frequently go.
READ MORE: 10 famous cuisines in unexpected places
Posted in Adventure, Travel, Travel Tips
Tagged algerian, basque cuisine, boise, Brazil, chinese, chinese food, cuban food, foodie, France, Idaho, Indian Food, kesra, Massachusetts, middle eastern food, portuguese, Spain, sushi, turkish food
Thanks to my friend Ellen O’Donohue for suggesting some of her favorites in the So. Cal area.
- Fogo de Chao Located in Beverly Hills @ 133 North La Cienega Boulevard
- Bun Me Vietnamese Located in Northridge @ 9420 Reseda Blvd #5
- Stanley’s Located in Sherman Oaks @ 13817 Ventura Boulevard
- Mi Piace Located in Pasadena @ 25 East Colorado Blvd
- Akbar Indian food Located in Pasadena @ 44 North Fair Oaks Avenue
- Il Fornare Located in Pasadena @ 24 W Union Street
- Darya Fine Persian Cuisine Located @ 12130 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles, CA
- Anderson’s Located in Santa Barbara @ 1106 State Street
- Maria Bonita for aweome mole – Located in Ventura @ 256 E Main Street
To plan your trip today:
All About Travel
6104 Northwest 63
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
Posted in Travel, Travel Tips
Tagged Akbar Indian Food, Anderson's, Azeen's Afghani, Beverly Hills, Bun Me Vietnamese, Darya Persian Cuisine, Fogo de Chao, food, Il Fornare, Indian Food, Kabuki Sushi, Los Angeles, Lum Ka Naad, Maria Bonita, Mexican Food, Mi Pace, Newport Beach, Northridge, Pasadena, Rusty Pelican, Santa Barbara, Sherman Oaks, Stanley's, Ventura Boulevard