1. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
2. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
3. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
4. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
5. “All the pathos and irony of leaving one’s youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise traveler learns not to repeat successes but tries new places all the time.” – Paul Fussell
6. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
7. “He who does not travel does not know the value of men.” – Moorish proverb
8. “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” – Dagobert D. Runes
9. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
10. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
Read more: The 50 most inspiring travel quotes of all time by Lola
To plan your trip today:
All About Travel
6104 Northwest 63
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
info [at] allabout-travel.com
“Zottel is Back”- Alps, Switzerland – John Wilhelm – Featured Photographer
As with many great photographs, John has not only created an emotion with his photo, but also leads the viewer into an imaginary story written in their own mind.
I hope this photo makes you smile. I certainly did when I opened it. At first, I thought “what a silly goat chewing on a flower”. Then I realized this was only the beginning of the destruction. I assume by now that entire field of daisies has been reduced to goat made fertilizer. Please follow John below on how he painstakingly created Zottel.
Take it away John :
Hi there everyone.
Wonderful to be here on PhotoBotos with one of my shots. Wow!
The selected photo was very difficult to take. We had to keep track of this very rare and shy animal for months. We chased it…
View original post 174 more words
Posted in Travel, Travel Tips
Tagged alps, animals, botos, camera, clouds, daisys, dogs, eat, eating, emotion, facebook, featured, flower, flowerplane, flowers, focus-stack, goat, guest, guest photographer, helicopters, imagination, john wilhelm, landscape, leica m9, lens, mountains, Photo, photobotos, photobotos.com, photograph, photographer, Photography, photoshop, photoshop cs5, picture, pictures, ps, sky, sony nex 7, swiss, swiss alps, switzerland, Switzerland Tagged with 21 distagon, technique, terragen, travel, wildlife, zeiss 24 1.8, zottel, zottel is back