“A steamboat was as beautiful as a wedding cake without the complications!” ~Mark Twain
In April 2012, the Great American Steamboat Company unveils the revival of the largest steamboat ever built, the American Queen, “the only overnight steamboat on our nation’s rivers.”
Great American Steamboat Company claims its Distinctions are:
- The only authentic overnight paddlewheel steamboat in America.
- The acclaimed cuisine of famed American chef Regina Charboneau.
- The only steamboat with multiple specialty dining options, all at no additional charge.
- Complimentary bottled water and soft drinks.
- Complimentary wine and beer at dinner.
- All staterooms feature gourmet coffee brewers and Starbucks coffee.
- Gracious, friendly service from a professionally trained all-American staff.
- Elegant-casual attire throughout your voyage; no formal wear required.
- Daily lectures by the Riverlorian, their onboard river historian.
- Professional showboat-style entertainment and dancing nightly.
- Enthralling calliope concerts and a chance for guests to play!
- Complimentary shore excursions.
- Dedicated fleet of “Steamcoaches.”
- All-inclusive package includes your overnight stay in a select luxury hotel in the city in which your voyage originates, plus breakfast, taxes, porterage and transfers to the Steamer American Queen.
- The greatest value in all-American vacations!
Headline Acts Scheduled For 2012 Include:
- Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Harry James Orchestra
- Rat Pack Show
- B.J. Thomas
- The Lovin’ Spoonful
- The Platters
- Bill Haley’s Comets
- Annie Moses Band
- The New Orleans Jazz All-Stars
- Juggernaut Jug Band
- Storefront Congregation
Steamboating the Upper Mississippi Destination Highlights:
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- Hannibal, Missouri
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Dubuque, Iowa
Lower Mississippi Destination Highlights:
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Oak Alley, Louisiana
- Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Natchez, Mississippi
Ohio and Tennessee River Voyages Destination Highlights:
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Marietta, Ohio
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Chattanooga, Tennessee
Themeboating Adventures Highlights:
- Civil War Vacations
- Old Fashioned Holiday Vacations
- Epic Civil War
- Music of Your Life
- Southern Culture
- Kentucky Derby
- Fall Colors Vacation
- July 4th
Sample of Luxury Hotels included:
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, New Orleans
- Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, St. Louis
- The Seelbach Hilton, Louisville
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, Cincinnati
- Omni WIlliam Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh
- The Westin Memphis Beale Street, Memphis
- Sheraton Read House Hotel, Chattanooga
Your hotel package will include your transfers to the American Queen port. The length of voyages the American Queen will be offering will be from 3 to 10 day voyages.
“When it’s steamboat time, you steam”~Mark Twain
To plan your trip today:
All About Travel
6104 Northwest 63
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
Pingback: “Epic Civil War” voyages for 2012 inaugural season of the American Queen | All About Travel
Pingback: Inaugral of the American Queen Steamboat | All About Travel
Pingback: Riverboat cruising returns to the Mississippi with American Queen | All About Travel
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused – Golden Gate Park | All About Travel
Pingback: Sea Kayak Adventures with Killer Whales | All About Travel
Pingback: New Steamboat Cruise Line Adopts New Name | All About Travel